Fearless Journey Solitaire
The Fearless Journey game is designed for real teams, with team goals.
But what about change leaders, coaches, managers – who influence change across many teams… but without a team of their own? I’ve always wanted to publish a Fearless Journey Solitaire for these people, some of whom I coach! Then, the other day, I had a Eureka! on the streetcar, and here it is: a beta version for you to test.
The solitaire instructions use existing “mapping” exercises as a structure for finding and evaluating patterns from the Fearless Journey card deck:
- Circles and Soup
- when you have too many problems (ex: coming out of a retrospective)
- to identify issues which are in your “circle of influence” and brainstorm which Fearless Change strategies may help
- to identify issues outside your circle of influence, which may benefit from bridge-building for future influence. Stakeholder Analysis, below, may help with these.
- Impact/Effort Grid
- when you are baffled by too many possible actions (ex: on a new job, after a retrospective, or after playing Fearless Journey)
- to help you choose what to do next, i.e. “low hanging fruit”
- to identify key high-effort actions that are worth the extra planning and work
- Stakeholder Analysis
- to help understand the human landscape of your work
- to identify key players whose influence can hasten or slow your progress
- to spot allies who can help you build bridges to important but distant influencers
- to focus your application of the Fearless Change influence strategies most beneficially
If you do not have a team yet, ex: as a new external consultant, these can help you think outside your box (and start building your own tribe of allies!)
DOWNLOAD THE SOLITAIRE .PDF (beta version)
The download includes a demo subset of Fearless Journey cards, so you can try it right away.
For the full deck, go to the Downloads or Order pages – it’s in 6 languages!
and let us know what happens, in a comment below!
Don’t forget to sign up for notifications when you comment, if you want to follow the conversation.